Your First Visit
At Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Specialists, we are here to see you in a timely manner. The following information will help make your first visit run smoothly. On your first visit, a consultation and physical examination along with possible x-rays will be performed.
Please bring the following information:
- Patient’s Social Security Number
- Insurance Policy Holder’s Date of Birth & Social Security Number
- Insurance Card
- Photo ID
- Parent or guardian needs to accompany anyone under the age of 18 on their first visit
- Primary care referral if required by your insurance company
- List of your current medications
- Previous surgeries and health issues
- Family History
- Report and films of any X-rays, CT Scans, or MRI’s related to your problem
At Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Specialist we are here to answer your questions. Here are a few questions that you may have.
Do I need a referral to schedule an appointment?
ORSCI does not require a referral to schedule an appointment. However, your insurance may require a referral to cover your visit. Please verify with your insurance company for the need of any referrals prior to your first visit.
Which insurance plans do you accept?
ORSCI is a preferred provider with most insurance plans. If you have any questions regarding our participation with your plan, please call our billing department at 217-877-2088, Opt. 3.
Will I be required to pay my co-pay at the time of service?
Your co-pay will be due at time of service.
At which hospital is ORSCI affiliated?
Dr. Tuan has privileges in Decatur at both Decatur Memorial Hospital and St. Mary’s Hospital.
What is your cancellation policy?
We kindly ask that if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment that you call our office at least 24 hours in advance.
Do I need to get X-ray’s before my visit?
No, ORSCI provides on-site digital x-rays. However, please inform us of any previous imaging studies.